Graham and Jane are happy to help and advise on all of the
All in all a holiday at Whale Views or Dolphin’s Rest offers the
chance to build fantastic memories that will last a life time and
we are sure you’ll want to come back!
Bay of Plenty
to do in and around Gordon’s Bay? There is plenty for everyone
only give a taste here of what you’ll find on your doorstep.
• While Gordon’s Bay retains the quaint
and traditional atmosphere of the old fishing village it also
hosts a fine Yacht Club and there is an abundance of little shops,
restaurants and pavement cafes where you can relax in the sun and
watch the world go by.
• Don’t miss out on a visit to the local
seal colony and the chance to meet up with the whales! Boat trips
are available from the old harbor. Why not add a touch of extra
romance to your stay with a sundowner cruise?
• Head out to sea from the old harbor. Alternatively while away a
sunny afternoon fishing from the old harbor.
• For those not keen to land their own catch
there are excellent local restaurants and many offer first class
fresh sea - food.
• Hire bicycles or mountain bikes to take in
the beautiful scenery and get up close to the lovely flora and
fauna. Or just go walking on the mountain trails.
• Take a drive along Clarence Drive. This
spectacular scenic coast road is hard to better anywhere!
• Visit the local riding stables, they offer
scenic rides for beginners and more experienced riders.
• Stroll in the beautiful Harold Porter
• If you seek something a bit more noisy and
exciting visit the Biosphere Reserve for eco friendly quad bike
• At Monkey Town you can see Lemurs, Chimps,
• With all this don’t forget the beaches!
Bikini beach is a blue flag beach, ideal for those who want to
soak up the sun and take a gentle swim. Gordon’s Bay boasts
probably the warmest water in Cape Town. Visit the Strand
for another lovely beach with some fine surfing or take the ten -
minute drive to enjoy the long white sandy beaches of Koel-Bay.
There are all kinds of water sports available from many local
It’s not just the beauty and charm of
Gordon’s Bay that makes Whale Views the ideal destination, its
location, location location! Major attractions within easy reach
• Championship golf courses such as
Arrabella, Stellenbosch, Erinvale, Strand, Somerset West,
Hermanus. All within easy reach of Whale Views and some as close
as 15 minutes away.
• The Mother City, Cape Town is a vibrant
city with the famous Victoria and Alfred Waterfront where you can
take a helicopter flip; internationally renowned restaurants;
theatres and concert venues; markets and shopping malls; gardens
and much more. All in a stunning setting between mountains and
sea. 40 minutes drive away. Don’t miss the sunset concerts at
• Shopping Canal Walk, 45 minutes, away is a
glamorous shopping mall said to be the biggest in Africa. Closer
to home is the Somerset West Mall and there are many more for you
• Table Mountain here you can take the cable
car and enjoy one of the most magical views in the world then walk
on the peaceful mountain. Where you can see unique wild flowers,
birds and the cute little dassies.
• World Class Wine Tasting. The wine lands
including Stellenbosch and Franschhoek are 20 and 35 minutes away
set in the most breathtaking scenery and providing the chance to
taste some of our finest wines. Most estates offer lovely
restaurants and some have open-air theatre.
• Exotic Wild Life a little over an hour
away lies the famous Boulder’s Beach Nature Reserve where you
can enjoy the antics of the little African penguins at close
• Cape Point, At the famous Cape of Good
Hope you stand on the very tip of Africa where the Indian Ocean
meets the Atlantic. Watch out for the baboons strolling in the
• Hermanus another nearby coast resort
famous for whale watching in season and frequented by the rich and
famous within 35 minutes.
• Fruit Farms in the Elgin valley just over
the mountain provide a rich and colorful harvest of peaches,
apricots and other fruits available from farm stalls selling a
variety of farm produce. The Elgin Canapy Tour is a must for those
wanting a mix of exhiliration and scenery.
• The Big Five - Those willing to go a little
further away can also visit some of our fantastic game farms and
reserves. (Nearest game reserve 180 minutes).
| Tel +27 (0)82 456 3372/+27 (0)763098088 | Whale Views, 4 Protea Drive,
Gordon’s Bay, 7140, Western Cape, South Africa